mardi 12 février 2013

Coming back to Road Map

I've been asked many times to diffuse the source code or to distribute a licence of my engine. In one hand, I feel very proud with it but in the other hand, it's clear that the engine is not ready to be diffused in it's current state.

As you may have noticed, I dodge bugs instead of resolving them. Every exception is detected by the engine and is flagged as "not working", then abandonned or used for other thing. For instance, a Lot on wich the offset opperator generate a bug is isolated, and the engine try no more to use the offset operator on it. Instead of a building, you'll have a beautiful Parc :)

So I've worked on the engine to resolve the most ennoying bugs. And the more sensible part is the road map generation. There were coincident or collapsed segments, short angle or length that generate, many layer later, tons of bugs.

I've enhanced these exception detection and managed the cases where theses bugs appears. I also worked on the highway pattern, changed somes rules with minor and major, and change the graphics for a more "google maps" one.

This road map of 20 000 lots (a fifth of inner Paris) is generated without any bug, in two or three seconds.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire